Skip to main content

Help with a Federal Agency

If you can't get an answer from a federal agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel you have been treated unfairly, our office may be able to help resolve a problem or get you the information you need. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, we will do our best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Residents of the 48th Congressional District of California can contact us for assistance in dealing with Federal agencies.

Please include all pertinent information and claim numbers in your correspondence—such as:

  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved;

Please Note:

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case.
We must have your signature to proceed with this type of request.


My office has received hundreds of constituent calls regarding passport renewal delays.

Right now, routine service for passport renewals is taking up to 18 weeks. Expedited service is expected to take up to 12 weeks. It’s estimated that the State Department’s backlog is 1.5 to 2 million applications.

Right now, the State Department is only providing very limited expedited service. If you have questions about passport renewal and expedited appointments, please give us a call at (714) 960-6483 for further guidance. We are unable to schedule any expedited appointments for leisure-only trips.  Please see here for more information on current Passport delays.

Authorization Form